This low carb puttanesca is topped with tender chicken on a bed of courgette spaghetti.This is a great option for weeknight dinners – packed with flavour and quick to prepare!
Servings: 2 people
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 2 cups courgette spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp capers roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup black olives sliced
- 1. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium/high heat. Add the chicken breasts, cooking until well browned all over. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining oil over a low/medium heat. Add the garlic, onion and anchovies, sweating gently until tender.
- Add the capers, olives, tomato purée, oregano and chili flakes. Stir well to combine and cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stock and stir well. Bring to a gentle boil then simmer for a minute or two to reduce the sauce a little.
- Stir the balsamic vinegar into the pan and return the chicken breasts.
- Cover and simmer for 7-10 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through and no pink remains.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, add the courgette spaghetti to a saucepan with one tablespoon of water over a medium heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes until just tender and drain away any excess liquid.
- Top the courgette spaghetti with the puttanesca sauce and chicken to serve.
Calories: 437kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 24g | Fiber: 5g