This rich and buttery pate is a great way to incorporate more nutrient dense organ meat into your diet.Sautéed chicken livers are blended with aromatic sage and cooked bacon to create a semi smooth pate, perfect for spreading on keto bread or crackers.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 small shallot finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 400 g chicken livers sinew removed
- 4 rashers streaky bacon roughly chopped
- 4 medium sage leaves roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a tablespoon of butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the shallot and sweat until tender, then add the garlic, cooking until fragrant.
- Add the chicken livers to the pan and fry until cooked through and browned all over. Transfer to a food processor whilst you cook the bacon.
- Add the bacon and sage to the frying pan used to cook the liver and fry until the bacon is cooked through and browned all over.
- Add the bacon and sage to the food processor along with the liver, onion and garlic.
- Add a tablespoon of the melted butter to the food processor, season generously and blend everything to a semi smooth paste.
- Spoon the pate into a clean serving dish or ramekin and pour over the melted butter.
- Allow the pate to cool to room temperature before refrigerating.
Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 24g