This Caesar salad has a tangy dressing, topped with griddled, sliced chicken breasts and crunchy toasted walnuts.
This keto salad is a great option for meal prepping lunches or a light summer dinner.
Servings: 2 people
for the chicken
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
for the caesar dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp parmesan grated
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 1 tsp capers
- 1 tsp mustard
for the salad
- 2 cups iceburg lettuce roughly chopped
- 1 cup baby kale
- 1 tbsp parmesan shavings
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- To prepare the Caesar dressing, add all the dressing ingredients, apart from the olive oil to a food processor and blend until smooth. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and blend until creamy. Set aside.
- To prepare the chicken, take a sharp knife and carefully slice down the side of each breast taking care not to cut all the way through. Open the chicken fillet out and press flat. This should create an even thickness for cooking.
- Transfer the chicken to a shallow dish and drizzle with the olive oil. Add the minced garlic, lemon zest and season well to taste. Rub the seasonings all over the chicken so that it is well coated.
- Lightly grease a griddle pan with a little olive oil over a medium/high heat. Add the chicken breasts cooking for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until completely cooked through.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, add the walnuts to a small dry pan over a low heat and toast gently until fragrant – about two to three minutes.
- Slice the cooked chicken into strips.
- Add the lettuce and kale to a salad bowl. Drizzle over the Caesar dressing and toss to combine, coating the leaves in the dressing.
- Arrange the sliced chicken on top of the salad.
- Scatter over the Parmesan shavings and crumble over the toasted walnuts.
Calories: 615kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 46g | Fiber: 2g