A great meal for sharing, these quick and easy beef fajitas are fried with sweet bell peppers and red onions. Romaine lettuce leaves serve as the base for the fajita fillings and are served with a zesty helping of lime and cilantro guacamole. Perfect for a Saturday night treat!
Servings: 2 people
- 300 grams sirloin steak sliced into 1 cm wide strips
- 4 romaine lettuce or 8 small
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander fresh
- 2 spring onions
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into 1 cm strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced into 1 cm strips
- 1 avocados medium
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 0.5 tsp ground coriander
- 0.5 tsp dried oregano
- 0.5 tsp garlic powder
- 0.5 red onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 lime juice and zest
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- To prepare the guacamole, peel and pit the avocado and add the flesh to a mixing bowl. Add a teaspoon of lime juice, 1 tablespoon of fresh coriander leaves, the lime zest, ½ tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roughly mash together to combine and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium/high heat. Add the beef strips and fry until browned all over. Set aside.
- Heat a second tablespoon of oil in the pan and add the onion and pepper slices. Cook over a medium heat until just tender.
- Add all the dried spices to the pan and stir to combine.
- Return the beef strips to the pan and toss with the vegetables and spices. Season with salt and pepper and cook until piping hot through.
- To serve, divide the beef and peppers evenly between the romaine leaves and top with sour cream, guacamole and spring onions. Scatter with the remaining fresh coriander.
Who knew Guacamole was so easy to make at home? And it tastes WAY better than the shop bought stuff!
Calories: 616kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 120mg | Potassium: 1584mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 156% | Vitamin C: 256.9% | Calcium: 13.9% | Iron: 33.8%