These simple chicken kebabs are smothered in a flavoursome almond butter marinade before being oven baked to perfection and served with extra sauce for dipping.This makes for a versatile meal prepping option, as once you have whipped up a batch of kebabs you can eat them hot for dinner and reserve leftover meat for various lunches throughout the week. Perfect served with cauliflower steaks, salad or roasted vegetables.
Servings: 2 people
- 2 tbsp almond butter heaped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp coriander ground
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tsp dried ginger ground
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 400 gram chicken breast diced
- Add the almond butter, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, dried spices, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl. Stir together until you have a smooth sauce.
- Transfer 3 tablespoons of the mixture to a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add the diced chicken to the remaining marinade and stir to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes to marinade.
- Whilst the chicken marinades, soak 4 wooden skewers in water to prevent burning. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius, 180 for fan assisted and line a shallow oven tray with baking paper.
- Remove the marinated chicken from the fridge, divide evenly and thread onto the four skewers.
- Arrange the skewers across the lined oven tray and bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken pieces are completely cooked through.
- Serve the skewers with the reserved dipping sauce.
Calories: 524kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 128mg | Sodium: 236mg | Potassium: 877mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 9.4mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 2.2mg