This keto porridge is a great low card alternative to oats for a warming and hearty start to the day.Although the recipe is free from any added sweeteners, feel free to add your own preference in low carb sweetener if required.
Servings: 2 people
- 8 tbsp ground almonds
- 5 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp macadamia nuts very finely chopped
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- a pinch of salt
- Add the ground almonds, desiccated coconut, flax and macadamia nuts to a small saucepan.
- Pour over one cup of almond milk and leave to soak and absorb for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut oil, cinnamon, ginger and salt to the pan and turn the heat to low. Stir to combine, melting the oil.
- Add the remaining milk and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Simmer for 4-5 minutes stirring regularly, until the porridge has thickened and is hot through.
- Adjust seasoning and add sweetener if required. Add more almond milk for a thinner consistency.
- Top with fresh raspberries to serve.
Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 40g | Fiber: 7g